Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sigh. Recipes.

I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while, mostly because people tell me my life is oddly entertaining. I don't see it. Anyhow, I joined a CSA. They don't start delivering until mid-May. I feel compelled to tap-dance to justify joining a CSA as a member of a goddamned food coop, so therefore my tap-dancing has led me to creating a yummy turkey meatloaf with kale recipe (bitches, you know if you belong to a CSA you are getting 2 LBs of kale a week). Here goes:

1 LB ground lean turkey (not trying to sound like Gwyneth Paltrow here, but would it kill you to be free-range and humane?)
8 - 10 oz Lacinato kale
1 yellow onion
3 cloves garlic (and not the kind that says "peeled and organic"- just buy a bulb and mince it for Gods sake)

sautee them in a pan - then blend them in a food processor...

add

1/4 cup ketchup
salt & pepper
3 slices of whole wheat bread
1 egg

Blend all together with some cheese and enjoy!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This recipe comes at the perfect time, as we have MASS amounts of garlic, not to mention some ground turkey in the freezer, AND a dinner that we're supposed to make for our siblings this weekend at the cabin. I'm excited to try your recipe out...though we won't have a food processor...will have to make do without. Maybe lots of forks...

I can see what your friends are talking about, at least in regards to your humor...I'd love to read more of what you write, too.

But I'm dying to know..who are you? What do you do? How in the hell did you find my blog...I wonder because I'm not seeing any bilingual connection here yet, and wonder if there isn't, how you might bump into me...

Hope to hear from ya soon!
And by the way, thanks SO much for reading my entry, AND more specifically, for sharing what you did. I'm SO glad that you were touched, THAT's a big part of the reason I write.

Tamara